PROFESSIONAL DISTILLATION WITH MARCO VALUSSI
2 - day Educational Workshop in Slovenia
Saturday, 29 September, 2018 & Sunday, 30 September, 2018
We are proud to announce professional distillation workshop with one of the leading experts in aromatherapy world today - Marco Valussi.
Marco's expertise is outstanding an involves aromatherapy, distillation, phytotherapy, ethical issues, sustainability and many more. In the past he helped to set distilleries in Nepal and Columbia. Marco also visited many distilleries across the globe, where he gained insight about different techniques of distillation and pros and cons for different stills - inox, copper, glass.
Marco teaches, writes and works as a consultant in the fields of herbal medicine, distillation, aromatherapy and medicinal plants.
For the last two years Marco dedicates most of his energy to the Gadoi project, an inspiring example of how production of superb quality aromatic materials can be combined with ethics, sustainability and involvement in local community.
Professional distillation workshop with Marco Valussi is designed for those who want to set their career in professional distillation and production of essential oils and/or hydrosols for the market. This workshop is suitable also for individuals with passion for distillation and producing their own products.
Workshop will be held in English with Slovene translation.
Saturday, 29 September, 2018: PROFESSIONAL DISTILLATION PRINCIPLES
9.00 - 14.00: ABC of Professional Distillation
- Aromatic plants
- Essential oils and hydrosols
- Various methods of extraction
- Different types of distillation
- Different types of stills
- Steam distillation/Water distillation
15.00 - 19.00: Boundary conditions for successful Distillation
- Still: glass, copper, inox
- Water - tap water, spring water
- Steam - flow, humidity, temperature
- Plant material - dry, wet, wilted, whole, cut, powdered
- Physical parameters
Sunday, 30 September, 2018: PROFESSIONAL DISTILLATION PRACTICE
9.00 - 14.00: Distillation Practice
- Plant material preparation
- Setting distillation units
- Necessary equipment
- Distillation in glass still
- Distillation in copper alembic
- Distillation in stainless steel
15.00 - 19.00: Product Quality and Marketing
- Post distillation practices and conservation
- Quality control, GC/MS analysis
- Setting a business - financial aspect
- Example: Gadoi
2 - DAY WORKSHOP: 350,00 eur
Saturday 29 September, 2018 & Sunday, 30 September, 2018
1 - DAY WORKSHOP: 180,00 eur
PROFESSIONAL DISTILLATION PRINCIPLES
Saturday, 29 September, 2018
1 - DAY WORKSHOP: 180,00 eur
PROFESSIONAL DISTILLATION PRACTICE
Sunday, 30. September, 2018
Registration closes on 23 September, 2018.
- Admission to the workshop with Marco Valussi
- Comprehensive printed material
- Vegetarian or non-vegetarian lunch, coffee, tea, refreshments
- Certificate of attendance